Monday, June 12, 2006

Freak Out!

Okay everybody, I know this may come as a shock...but did you know that in a few months there will be an actual BABY living in the nursery??!!!!!! AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Seeing the crib, the changer, the chest, the rocking chair sitting there, waiting to be used by a little human is a bit of an eye opener to say the least.

So you're wondering what the heck I've been thinking up until this point? What did I think was going to be happening in that room? It has just fully sunk in and frankly scares the heck out of me. And I'm not even going to THINK about what awful things I will have to go through in order to bring this little human in my belly out into the world *shudder*.


Two funny/strange things:
1. Ax says I now, for the first time ever, make funny noises when I'm asleep. I realize this is true because I've awakened myself several times. In a very cute way, Ax has asked me if it has anything to do with the baby moving at night *giggle*. I of course told him no. It's because I'm dreaming and talking in my dreams. It's strange.
2. Ax's mom, Wanda, has been nicer to me lately. Yesterday she said to me, "Would you like something to drink, hon?" The woman has NEVER used any such term when speaking to me. After she left the room I actually had to ask Ax if I had heard her correctly. Very Strange.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lizzle said...

I told you, you're going to worry and freak out about this kid until he's 18, and once that happens you'll STILL worry. And yes, he is going to come home with you from the hospital and live in that nursery!

As for the noises... just hope they subside after the baby comes.

Be grateful for your mother in law actually being nice... in all honesty, it probably won't last.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Liz, yes I definitely have a feeling that this stage of "freak out" is only a prelude to the next 18 years.
As for my MIL, I think I'm more at ease with her normal snarkiness. The niceness puts me more on edge because its so abnormal.

5:20 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I'd be like you and forget to think about those things :)

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home