Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Shampoo (What a Hilarious Word -Rinse & Repeat)

I realized something strange about myself this morning.
I have five bottles of shampoo.
All of the bottles are about 3/4 empty. I have only one bottle of conditioner. What the heck is up with this? Neurotic, I'm thinking, is the word that describes me.
Maybe I just like buying new kinds of shampoo? That could've been a theory until I realized that three of the bottles are the exact same kind of shampoo. Go figure.
Seriously, what does this reveal about the inner workings of my brain?
The shampoo bottles. They clutter up the shower. They are ugly. Because? Obviously if you leave them sitting there for the 6 months to 1 year it takes me use them they get kind of scummy.
Do I have a fear of a shampoo shortage? Shampoo hoarding issues?
One particular large, black bottle kept falling off the edge of the tub. Eliciting colorful curse words from my hubby.
That's when I knew I had to make a change.
I solemnly devoted myself to using up that one big, black bottle of shampoo until it was gone.
Today, I succeeded.
The big, black bottle of shampoo is in the trash.
As I squeezed out the last of the goo and heard those farty noises that the bottle makes I felt a sense of accomplishment.
There are now only 4 bottles of shampoo left. Three of them being the same kind.
I am determined to work my way through them.
I will purge myself of my Shampoo Clutter.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lizzle said...

You know, if you have three of the same kind, and they are all 3/4 empty, you could just combine all of those into one bottle (which would provide more farty bottle noises for your entertainment)

...just a thought

8:58 AM  
Blogger Corinne said...

Big Black bottle??? Tresseme??? My husband curses when mine falls off the ledge... I have the same problem, only I like to try out different shampoos... I guess I always feel like my hair needs change. That routine isn't good for my hair.... *shrug*

9:18 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Liz, You totally crack me up.
I heart farty noises =)

Corinne, Yep, it's Tresseme. I like newness too but evidently I'm overly attracted to the same stuff.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I was going to vote to marry the bottles, but Liz beat me to it!

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home