Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me, to Me!!!

Today I am 29 years ooooold. Yes, 29 is ancient! Though I am happy to be here. It seems that as the number I associate with my age grows, my mind has a tougher time comprehending a few things. In my youth I thought of any number higher than 27 as being one foot in the grave. It's amusing to remember those old thoughts. It seems I must redefine what it means to me to be young and what it means to be old. To be young is to have beauty and happiness in your life. A youthful person enjoys something new about each day. An old person no longer enjoys life and sees nothing positive to find happiness in. Guess I'll be young forever. Maybe 29 isn't too bad after all.
When I was a teenager, life was grand. The world was at my fingertips. Gimme good times and a party.
In my 20's I had goals to achieve. I basically knew what I wanted and worked toward obtaining some sort of status in this life.
In my mid and late 20's I began to understand just what it is that I want most out of life. Not a career. Not a big house, fancy car, or fat bank account. I want to increase the love in my life. Life is nothing without love. I want to strengthen my love of God, my love of family. I want a family of my own. It's a magnificent blessing to have a little baby on the way to begin that love with.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Aww, happy birthday! I really think you do have a wonderful family and love surrounding you.

6:37 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Thanks Sarah. You are a sweetie. I am blessed.

6:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy BDay

7:16 AM  
Blogger Lizzle said...

Happy birthday... Even if I am a little late!

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home