Wednesday, July 19, 2006

One of the DUMBEST things I've ever done...

I was reading a blog and thought I'd confess about one of the dumbest things I've ever done.

I had been in class all day at UTC (Univ of TN at Chattanooga). Which is a college. Duh. But you'd never believe I'd have ever set foot inside such an academic institution based on the idiotic things I've done.

Class was over. I hiked to my car. Got into said car. Proceeded to look forward and see there was no vehicle in front of mine. Hit the gas. Successfully launched my little hatchback Hyundai Excel over the the top of a yellow, concrete parking barrier thingy. My crappy little car was parked at a slant in an uphill direction. There was another concrete barrier less than a foot away from the one I was at which basically trapped the front wheels of my car.

So what does the genius do?

First I tried reverse and lots of gas. No such luck.

I felt like a such an absolute MORON. Who the hell does this sort of thing?!

And then salvation came in the form of two hunky guys walking by. One of them was kind of shaking his head while asking me if I needed some help. The two of those blessed souls picked up the front of my car and moved it for me. God bless good Samaritans.

Needless to say, since then, I have been keenly aware of driving forward from ANY parking space.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a similar post about my most embarrassing moment.

Being a man of gadgets, when PDA's were first introduced, I had to have one. I bought a Palm Pilot one weekend and installed it on my office computer, then spent the next few days showing it off to everyone.

The following Monday morning, I heard my secretary walk in and sit down at her desk and I decided she needed to be introduced to my new toy. I walked out to the main reception area where her desk was located, reached into my pocket, pulled out the new gadget and just as I smiled and proudly said, "Ever seen one of these before?" my baggy khaki pants fell around my ankles.

5:34 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Fool, That is toooo funny!!! Hope your secretary had a good sense of humor!

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She did. I have a vague recollection of responding to her reaction by saying something like, "Look, it's okay to laugh, but it's just downright hurtful to point."

9:04 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I hate those things! I'm glad they were able to pick up your car!

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home